Win it all / Carry it all
Clarity can be hard to maintain when traveling. While on the road you never know what to expect. In a short span of time, Janne and Samu Amunet traveled from their home in Finland to southern Spain, passed through Atlanta, Georgia and eventually arrived in New York City, documenting their travels along the way.
FROM HELSINKI TO NYC
Staying organized while on the road is central to peace of mind and having the right tools for every scenario is critical. We’re not always given a choice on where we travel for work, but we can choose what we carry with us every day. Below chronicles their trip and what the two brothers experienced. After their trip, we reached out to some of our favorite brands to help create a travel kit that will keep the constant traveler comfortable.
The winters of the north are grim at times, not least of the dark of Winter. The city still not painted in white, daylight having dwindled to little more than 6 hours from dawn to dusk. The hours we get, ridden with a sleet, not quite rain, not quite snow. So maybe, again this year, it’s time to go.
They told me Hemingway loved this very place. He much identified with the south of Spain. Yet the redness of the earth in the hills overlooking the valley; it feels under my feet much more as the dirt roads of Kenya, less so mainland Europe.
The sun burns a strange bright here, with an afterglow equally subtle each night. Yet in that afterglow, not quite so subtly does the heat of the air fade, when night flips a switch and the warmth is gone again.
The city still sleeps. Thank God for jet lag. These empty spaces, visions we’ve only seen on TV screens. Alone the closest thing to a walking dead, yet coming alive with all this space to breathe. To see again through a new lens, familiar places less so familiar to arrive to in our coming and going. It all feels new again, this traversing from the lights, to the shadows, to the lightness once more.
New York, USA
The giant looms just across the cold water. Little colder than that which beats from the sky. I clad tighter as the wind wraps around me, blocking out the chill and the noise goes with it. And all is still. In a jungle so dense with this time and fighting for space for oneself, I still breathe so easy this air. And all this noise won’t take me with it.
Win it all / Carry it all
Retail Value : $2,000
Arkiv® Field Pack
+ 4 Moduals
The James Brand
Retail Value : $2,000
The James Brand
Questions / Answers
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to those who sign up at the online sweepstakes page and who are 18 as of the date of entry. The sweepstakes is only open to legal residents of all countries and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Mission Workshop (the “Sponsor”) their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Mission Workshop, as final and binding as it relates to the content. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
3. Sweepstakes Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on or about [June 6th, 2017] and ending [July 27th, 2017]. All online entries must be received by [July 27th, 2017] 11:59PM EST.
4. How to Enter: The Sweepstakes must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided on this Sweepstakes site. The entry must fulfill all sweepstakes requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Mission Workshop You may enter only once and you must fill in the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Mission Workshop
5. Prizes: Winners will receive the list of prizes stated on the web page. First place winner’s retail value is: $2000.00. Second Place winner’s retail value is $1500.00. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Sponsor's discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Mission Workshop to use winner's name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner selection and notification: Winners of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing under the supervision of the Sponsor. Winners will be notified via email to the email address they entered the Sweepstakes with within five (5) days following the winner selection. Mission Workshop shall have no liability for a winner's failure to receive notices due to winners' spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners' provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 15 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR'S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by you: By entering this content you understand that Mission Workshop, anyone acting on behalf of Mission Workshop or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner's name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
9. Terms: Mission Workshop reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case Mission Workshop may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Mission Workshop. Mission Workshop reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates these Terms & Conditions.
Mission Workshop has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by sweepstakes rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Mission Workshop reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
By entering the Sweepstakes you agree to receive email newsletters periodically from Mission Workshop, and all participating partners listed : Olympus, The James Brand, Field Day, and Underhanded. You can opt-out of receiving this communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the newsletter.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless Mission Workshop and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant's participation in the sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND CALIFORNIA WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in CALIFORNIA having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the winner's name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Mission Workshop 40 Rondel Pl San Francisco, CA 94103 USA. Requests must be received no later than [July 27th, 2017].
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Mission Workshop 40 Rondel Pl San Francisco, CA 94103 USA.